Perko is the original high quality concealed door closer. The unit is designed for installation between the door and the door frame with the cyclinder rebated into the door leaf. Perko concealed door closers are rated for use with 1/2 and 1 hour fire doors and certificated to BS 476:Part 20: 1987 by the Warrington Fire Research Centre. Featuring two high quality finish rounded plates (joined by a chain mechanism) the device is 'uncontrolled' but the spring tension can be adjusted for softer closure.
- Unobtrusive - main body is hidden from view
- Anti-ligature design
- Three attractive plate finishes: brass, chrome or satin chrome
- Great alternative to unsightly overhead door closers
- Original spring loaded concealed door closer
- Rated for FD30 and FD60 fire doors when fitted with intumescent acrylic adhesive
- Rounded plate design
- Suitable for doors weighing up to 50.8 kg
- Assessed to BS 476:Part 20: 1987
- Door closers allow 180° opening
- Remains concealed when doors are closed
- Available to purchase with or without intumescent acrylic adhesive
- Chain mechanism attached to tension-adjustable spring
- Tested to endure 500,000 closing cycles
- Units should be fitted by a competent joiner/craftsman
This is the technical data for the Perko Concealed Fire Door Closer - Rounded Plate.
|Satin Chrome, With Intumescent Acrylic
|Chrome, With Intumescent Acrylic
|Satin Chrome, Without Intumescent Acrylic
|Brass, With Intumescent Acrylic
|Brass, Without Intumescent Acrylic
|Chrome, Without Intumescent Acrylic
|Plate Dimensions (HxW)
Q. Is it possible to either disable the Perko chain door closer or remove it temporarily?
Yes, the Perko chain door closer can be removed by using the metal clip supplied. Insert this clip between the chain links when the door is at 90 degrees. This will hold the tension in the spring whilst the screws and door closer are removed. To replace the unit carry out the above instructions in reverse.
Q. Can the Perko concealed door closer be used with a 30 minute internal wooden fire door and still meet the current UK building control standards?
The Perko concealed door closer is certified to BS476:Part 20:1987 and can be used with 30 minute and 1 hour rated fire doors.