The Ei3100RF is an entirely wireless, interconnectable ionisation smoke alarm from the Ei3100 series. When connected in a system, if one alarm detects smoke, all alarms go off to give maximum warning time.
- Wireless, interconnectable smoke and heat alarms. No base plate required
- Battery operated smoke alarm (alkaline battery included)
- 5 year Warranty
- A maximum of 12 alarms can be interconnected including:
- Compatible with Ei410T Remote Control test device
- Kitemarked to BS EN 14604:2005
- Suitable for installations complying to BS 5839-6: 2013 Grade F
- CE marked
- No central alarm panel needed
- Can interlink with all other EI radio-interlinked alarms (Please note: only the test function of accessories Ei411H and Ei410 will work with this unit)
- RF range 150 metres (minimum) in free space and up to 30 metres in buildings
- Digitally coded to avoid interference with neighbouring systems
- Optional longlife lithium battery upgrade
- Please Note: These alarms are sold as individual units
The table below shows all the units that can interconnect with the EI3100RF.
Type of unit
Type of interconnection
||Wireless Manual Call Point
||Remote Control Test Device
This is the technical data for the 9V Radio-Interlinked Ionisation Smoke Alarm - Ei3100RF.
||85dB (minimum) at 3m
||0 to 40°C
||15% to 95% Relative Humidity
Q. Where more than one radio-interlinked battery operated smoke alarm is installed, if the battery in one alarm failed would the other alarms be affected?
If one alarm was to malfunction the other units would not be affected, if it was due to alarm failure. If the fault was with the radio-interlinking signal, then all alarms that are in the chain after the faulty alarm would be affected and they would not go off.
Q. Do the three types of Ei3103 alarms interconnect with each other?
Yes, the Ei3103 range, Ei3100RF - Ionisation Smoke Alarm Ei3105RF - Optical Smoke Alarm Ei3103RFU - Heat Alarm, interconnect with each other. If one sounds it will send a radio-signal to the other units and they will then be activated.
Q. Are there any restrictions to the distance a radio-interlinked smoke alarm will work?
Most radio-interlinked alarms have a range of 150 meters in an open space and up to 30 meters in buildings. The thickness of the walls and partitions will affect the travel distance of the signal.