Low Cost Delivery From €7.95 ex VAT Secure Online Payments with our quick & easy checkout 30 Day Peace of Mind with our easy returns policy Free After Fire Replacement on essential fire safety products
Terms & Conditions
Advice and Information
We are here to help and can provide you with help and guidance or direct you towards relevant information. If you have any queries relating to the fire safety needs of your home or business, please contact us. Although we will always endeavor to give you the best possible advice, the responsibility for ensuring that you are adhering to fire safety legislation, building regulations, other regulations or best practice remains with you.
There is regulation with regards to the maintenance of many fire safety products. Fire extinguishers, for example, must be serviced every 12 months. You are responsible for setting up any service and maintenance programmes required for the products which you purchased from us.
After Fire Replacement Guarantee
This policy is designed to encourage our customers to use all their fire fighting and rescue equipment without any consideration of costs to limit the impact of a fire. We see it also as a way of helping our customers through a difficult time and supporting them through the entire life cycle of the fire safety products sold by us.
Should you be the victim of a fire, we will replace or repair all affected fire safety equipment you purchased from us if it was located near the fire at the time of the fire. To claim your free replacement or repair, please send us the fire report of the fire brigade or other evidence of the fire as well as a documentation of the fire safety products affected.
‘Affected fire safety equipment’ includes: fire fighting equipment used to fight the fire, fire escape hoods used, any fire safety equipment marked by smoke or damaged through the fire fighting process, any passive fire protection triggered by the heat of the fire, any fire escape equipment damaged during the escape from the fire, any carbon monoxide detectors exposed to smoke from the fire.
- Anti arson letterboxes
- Products which were installed outside the UK
- Fire safety equipment not maintained/replaced in accordance to relevant British Standards
- Fires judged by the fire brigades as suspicious or caused by arson might be excluded from this replacement policy
- Fires resulting in the prosecution of the responsible person are not covered by this policy
- Fire Safety Products not sold by us
The cost of shipping your goods depends on where you live and the total weight of the order. Some products might also be offered with the option of an economy service (excluded are extinguishers, high value goods and goods classified as dangerous goods). We also offer free shipping on several items, such as fire safes. When an item with "free shipping" has been added to an order, the whole order will then become free to ship (with exception of fire doors).
Depending on the total weight of your order, there may be a bigger postage & packaging charge if you live in the Highlands, Islands and Remote Locations of the UK. The table below outlines pricing for both "mainland" and "Highlands, Islands and Remote Locations" addresses. If you're unsure, see our list of "Highlands, Islands and Remote Locations" UK postcodes.
Highlands, Islands and remote location postcodes:
- AB31-38, AB40-52
- AB54-56, AB63
- IV1-28, IV30-32
- IV36-56, IV63
- PA20-38, PA41-49
- PH4-44, PH49-50
- BT, GS, GY, HS, HY
- IM, JE, TDCU, ZE
Weight Range Shipping Type Shipping Cost 0 to 5kg Standard Shipping €6.95 ex VAT 5 to 20kg Standard Shipping €8.95 ex VAT 20+kg Standard Shipping €9.95 ex VAT
Fire safes have free standard delivery (for mainland UK, only), with additional, individually priced options for delivery over steps or hand-carried deliveries.
Fire doors supplied to England have a one-off handling and delivery charge of £80.00 + VAT per order, regardless of the number of items contained within the order. This charge is displayed during the order process of your fire door. Fire doors ordered for Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and Islands might require a transport surcharge. We will contact you should this be the case to allow you the choice of either cancelling the order or to agree to the surcharges.
Special Delivery Instructions
If you add special delivery instructions, please leave a signed piece of paper with the same instructions on the outside of your door, as the driver is otherwise not able to leave parcels eg in a porch etc. If you have left a delivery instruction to, for example, 'leave parcel in porch if not in', we cannot provide you with a proof of delivery, should the parcel go missing. We will, however, provide a proof of shipping, if requested.
You are responsible for any losses suffered as a result of a parcel being left in a location at your specific request.
- If goods are ordered before 2:30pm, we will usually despatch the same day. The cut-off for pallet deliveries is 1pm.
- Most shipments are sent with next day delivery (working days only) transport. Some products weighing less than 2.0 kg might be offered with an alternative economy service with 2-3 working day service. If you have selected economy service and you have not received your parcel within 5 days, please contact us.
- Fire safes can take between 4 and 14 working days. Fire doors have a leadtime of 2 to 3 weeks, depending upon whether the door is standard or bespoke. Should we be out of stock of an item, we will inform you as soon as possible.
- Unfortunately, we cannot offer compensation for deliveries that are delayed.
- Customers living in remote areas should note that some delivery/servicing/installation services may be affected, or not available. We will inform you as soon as possible of any potential problems. If you want to check before placing an order, please call us on 0800 6126537.
- Installations are carried out within 14 days. Servicing of fire extinguishers is carried out within 30 days.
- If a customer is not in when delivery is attempted, the delivery driver/postman will leave a card with details of the local depot. Please note that if the parcel cannot be delivered after several days and has to be returned, we reserve the right to charge you a second delivery charge for re-delivery, should you still wish to receive the product.
Payment and Security
We offer a range of payment options including Visa, Visa Debit, Mastercard, Solo, Maestro, Visa electron, American Express, PayPal and Proforma
All our credit card transactions handled by Sagepay, one of the market leaders in secure online transactions. The transfer of the purchase details from our website to Sagepay are encapsulated using Sagepay's own encrypted and digitally-signed protocol. Any communication between the shopper and Sagepay is encrypted to the maximum strength supported by the shopper's browser using 128 Bit encrypted sessions. Shoppers are also protected from fraudulent use of their card in a "cardholder not present" environment by their card issuers. The card issuer provides the right for a shopper to dispute a transaction if the goods/services did not arrive or if the card was used fraudulently.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully, in accordance with the Data Protection Act (2018). We are voluntarily registered as a data controller in the Information Commissioners data protection register with registration number Z9733716. Visit the register here: https://ico.org.uk/ESDWebPages/Entry/Z9733716.
Identity and contact details
33 West Street
Data Protection Team
Data we process
Processing data can mean collecting, storing and using your data. We only do so to perform tasks you want us to perform. These include one or more of the following:
- Processing your orders, including delivery, servicing and installation, product recalls and warranties
- name, address, telephone number, email
- Sending you fire safety reminders you requested
- mobile number, email
- Offering product and after-sales support and returns
- Email, telephone, any supporting information such as address
- Maintaining your online fire safety logbook
- Name, email
- Processing job applications
- Any details shared in your CV, such as name, address, date of birth, etc.
- Newsletters (opt-in)
- Safelincs Customer Survey (opt-in)
- Email and product details
- TrustPilot (opt-in)
- Email and order details
- Your public profile on our forum
- The details in your user profile
We do not store any payment data such as credit or debit card numbers on our servers. Instead, we use third party payment processors who have been vetted to meet the highest security standards.
To help prevent fraud and diagnose errors, your IP address may be recorded in our web logs.
We also process some data in a statistical manner through Google Analytics to understand how we can improve our web site for visitors and present products and information that is relevant and record visitors coming from adverts. IP addresses and referring URLs are used to achieve this.
We do not sell or share your data with any third parties. Some external companies are contracted by us to achieve tasks such as delivery and online payments and where we have to share customer information with them, this is covered by a Data Protection Contract.
We will only contact you to communicate with you about your order, product or service we offer or in any other situation you've specifically requested us to do so. We might also contact you if products you purchased from us or are serviced by us are due to be serviced again. We regard this as a step to keep you safe. Please let us know if you do not want to be reminded of service dates.
Most order information will be retained for 15 years. Because we deal with safety products and due to many items having extended warranty periods and the significance of possible safety recalls, we have come to the conclusion that it is in our customers' interests for us to securely store this data to be able to support them in the future. This data will not be used for any other purpose, including marketing, except where explicitly requested by you.
We do not record any telephone conversations, however, line managers will occasionally listen-in to conversations to help our staff improve their communication skills and level of service to you.
Cookies, also known as browser cookies or tracking cookies are small text files which are downloaded to your device (computer, phone, tablet, etc.) when you visit a website. The cookies then send data back to the website or other websites that recognise the cookie.
Cookies have many different uses, such as remembering a user's preferences, allowing efficient navigation and generally improving the user's online experience. They also help companies to identify how many people visit their website, and how they found it. Cookies cannot identify you personally.
The list below shows the cookies that are in use on our website, why we use them and how long they will stay active on your device.
Name Description Expiration __utma This cookie contains a unique ID which is used to determine unique visitors to our site. The cookie is updated each page view 2 years from set/update __utmb This cookie is used to create and continue a user session and determines the amount of time a user is on our site 30 minutes from set/update __utmz This cookie contains information about how users reached our site. i.e. referring link, direct traffic or website search etc. 30 minutes from set/update PHPSESSID This generic cookie allows us to create and maintain user's shopping carts and order information When the browser is closed or restarted jssCustomer This cookie is used if a customer logs into our site and allows us to identify their session 24 days from set/update __cfduid* This cookie is set by Cloudflare, our security and content delivery provider, to help deliver pages fast and securely 1 year from set/update SERVERID* This cookie is set by our load balancer to ensure you use the fastest possible web server in our cluster 1 year from set/update CookieTabShown This cookies is set after we first show our cookie tab on the web site so we don't bother you with it more than once 30 days from set/update IDontWantCookies When you disabled cookies, we set this single cookie to tell our web site to not set any other cookies that may record personal information 30 days from set/update
* these cookies will not be deleted when using the Remove Cookies feature as they are required for our web site to work
You can remove your cookies using the Remove Cookies feature, found in the footer of our web pages. This will stop features like adding products to the cart and logging in from working, however. You can enable cookies again by using the same settings in the footer.
The data we process belongs to you. We want you to understand your rights and what options you have. You can make a request to view, erase, modify or restrict processing of data we hold about you and, where there isn't a legal obligation stopping us from doing so and where the request is reasonable, we will process your request within 30 days at no charge.
Please send requests to email@example.com.
You also have the right to complain to your local supervisory authority. Here in the UK we are governed by the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO).
We take data security very seriously. We use web hosts with numerous ISO and PCI certifications, including ISO 27001 (information security management). All data transmission, both public facing and between our internal systems is done over a secure connection. Where technically feasible, we also encrypt all user data to industry standards or higher.
At Safelincs, we endeavor to surpass the minimum requirements for current data protection regulation compliance. We train our staff in data protection principles from the first day of employment and we perform impact assessments and record our activity on all personal data processing on our bespoke data protection management system.
If you have any questions or comments about your privacy or data protection, please email the data protection team.
- You can cancel your order (or any part of it) for any reason before delivery or within 30 days from receipt of delivery (exceptions apply, see below).
- Please pack the goods in their original packaging. The goods need to be in a re-sellable condition to be refunded. Electrical equipment must not have been powered up. Product must not have been installed. Air filter or defibrillation pads cannot be returned if opened.
- If goods are not returned in original packaging or re-sellable condition we will reduce the refund value to reflect that the product will have to be sold as incomplete or damaged or may not be sellable at all.
- We will refund the sales price (considering above limitations) within 14 days of receiving the goods back from you. The initial carriage charge is non-refundable.
- You need to return the goods to us at your cost within two weeks following your cancellation. Should the goods not be returned within these two weeks, we can offer to collect the goods and will then deduct the carrier charge of this return from your refund.
- If you do not require the ordered goods at the point of delivery and you refuse the delivery for this reason, we can deduct the cost for the return shipment from your refund.
- If you struggle to return large or heavy items, please contact us and we can offer collection of the goods. We will then deduct the cost for this collection from your refund. This service is only possible if the collection charges are less than the price paid by you for the product. Heavy items such as safes and collections from remote locations will have significant collection charges. Our staff will quote you a cost for collection based on your product and location.
- Products which are made to measure, made to order or to customer specification can not be returned and refunded.
Any returns should be sent, together with your original order details, to:Micom Fire Solutions Ireland Ltd.
Lower Main Street
We charge VAT at 23% (VAT no 3224531LH).
Transport damage and discrepancies
We would ask you to please check the condition of your package before signing for the receipt of the goods. If you see damage on the outer packaging, this must be noted on your copy of the delivery note and on the copy for the carrier. You can refuse damaged parcels without signing for these.
If you find the transport damage after the carrier has left, please inform us instantly. If the claim is made on the same day as the delivery, we will still accept liability. Failure to note damage might affect replacement or refund from us for items damaged in transit.
Discrepancies of quantities or product codes need to be reported to us within 5 working days from delivery. We might be unable to accept liability for any missing items if incorrect quantities are not highlighted within this period.
All our product warranties cover:
- Manufacturing defects
- Product defects resulting from manufacturer’s design errors
All our product warranties exclude:
- Damages resulting from the incorrect handling of a product
- Defects due to a lack of maintenance
- Repairs or modifications carried out by the customer or third parties
- Defects caused by fire or smoke (please refer in such cases to our ‘free replacement after fire policy’)
- Installation in an unsuitable location
- Excluded is any consequential damage caused by the products or their malfunction
- We will not cover the cost of installation of replacement components supplied as replacements under this warranty.
Special Notes to product groups:
Fire extinguishersFire extinguishers must be installed by a qualified engineer and serviced yearly in accordance to the manufacturer’s instructions. The extinguishers must be periodically re-filled in accordance to the frequencies defined in BS5603-3 (5 years for powder, foam, water, wet chemical and 10 years for CO2 and P50 self-maintenance extinguishers). Any replacement components fitted in the process of maintenance are not covered by our warranty. Accidental damage and misuse of the fire extinguishers are also not covered by our warranty
5 year warranty: The warranty extends 5 years from the date of purchase up to, but exclusive of, the first extended service due after 5 years
10 year warranty: The warranty extends 10 years from the date of purchase up to, but excluding, the second extended service due after 10 years.
What happens if a customer discovers a product fault?
Claims against our warranties must be made through Safelincs.
- Please contact Safelincs with your invoice number and inform us about the defect. We will discuss the case with you and will agree on a solution for you. You might be asked to provide photos before we can establish the best way forward.
- We will either arrange free repair/free replacement for your product or request the return of your product for further analysis. This choice is at Safelincs’ discretion.
- Should Safelincs ask for a product back for further analysis or repair, we will arrange for the transport and the subsequent return.
- Should a product be returned to us without being defective, we will return the unit to the customer at cost.
(v1.0). Our articles are reviewed regularly. However, any changes made to standards or legislation following the review date will not have been considered. Please note that we provide abridged, easy-to-understand guidance. To make detailed decisions about your fire safety provisions, you might require further advice or need to consult the full standards and legislation.